I thought I’d go through my year, and see my favourite posts from 2010. This is not a list of my favourite concerts, albums, etc, but rather my favourite posts.
- I don’t know the difference between Iron Man and Iron Giant.
- The best review ever written.
- Scott Pilgrim review.
- A personal tale about knowing an author, Stacey Fowles, and then reading her novel. I would then embarrass myself by not recognizing her in a future meeting.
- Reading about Canada & Mr. Diefenbaker.
- This photo is my lock-screen photo on my iPhone.
- Some of my best portrait shots are of Allegra.
- I had fun taking photos of Natalia.
- While the subject might not have been too fond of these pictures, I think they’re quite good. Sure, the subject is ugly1, but that doesn’t matter much.
- Correspondence with the PMO.
- William Lyon Mackenzie on democracy.
- Thoughts on democracy in Canada.
- I proposed to Neko Case this year.2
- My vacation to Vancouver.
- Musings on birthdays.3
- Musings on some cassettes from my olden days.
- I got the inspiration to write to all the women I ever dated.
Best insights into humanity, as written by me
- “If you see a penis, it’s a comedy; if you see a vagina, it’s a drama. It explains why women laugh when I remove my pants.”
- “Either I’m becoming a normal human being, or I have liver failure.”
- “Her prose are compelling, straight to the point, and beautiful in their nude honesty.”4